As I told you last week, NCSoft KR is opening a Lineage 2 Classic Server for those who miss the old school version of the game. This is not C1 or C2, it’s a hybrid that will please the nostalgic fans.
Here are some details from what I managed to discover so far:
- Old inventory system is back (we will have 12 item categories)
- Old territories are available again (the ones that were revamped through different updates) such as Swampland, Cruma Tower, Tower of Insolence, Dragon Valley and Antharas Lair/Nest
- Crafting Recipes will use the old materials such as animal bone, curse bone powder, stone of purity, etc.
- The clan system is a 5 level hybrid system and will feature two clan skills (one that will increase XP and one that will increase the movement speed)
- There won’t be any Academy system on the Classic server
- Old party system is back – 9 man party with bonus XP. The level difference accepted in order to gain XP while you are in a party it’s set to 9.
- Seems like PK characters won’t drop items, but will get them destroyed (not 100% sure)
- When you are killed you lose XP and you can delevel. When getting killed by a mob you will have a low chance to drop items (a system that was available during C1-C4)
- You will need to farm spellbooks again in order to learn your skills.
- Old Skill system is back
- Old Class Change Sytem with the three part 2nd Class quests. The 3rd Class Change will be available in the next update.
- The Open Beta will end on June 3, 2014 and from then the Classic Server will be pay-to-play.
The Open Beta for Lineage 2 Classic Server went live a few hours ago. Here are some screenshots from the official forums.
Dwarf Starting Area
Lineage 2 Classic Server stream