ArenaNet has revealed some details about the next Guid Wars 2 update by sending a special invitation to some members of Guild Wars 2 community and gaming press. The Queen’s Jubilee is set to begin on August 6th, 2013.
The invite reads as follow: “By Royal proclamation, Her Majesty Queen Jennah of Kryta welcomes you to join the citizens of Divinity’s Reach in celebrating ten years of her rule. Her Royal Majesty Queen Jennah will personally dedicate the new Crown Pavilion and open ceremonial contests to celebrate the indomitable spirit of the Krytan people. Hot-air balloons stand at the ready across Tyria to convey celebrants and well-wishers of all races to Divinity’s Reach”
This new update features a lot of small changes as you can see below
- Developer Livestream – August 5 (Take an early look at the Queen’s Jubilee release on Twitch channel on Monday 12 PM PDT)
- Hot Air Balloons – Begins August 6 (Search for one balloon out in the open world and use it to find the Queen’s party)
- The Opening Ceremony – Begins August 6 (Queen Jennah will open a new gladiatorial arena)
- Ignite the Beacons – Begins August 6 (Special Beacons have been set up in Divinity’s Reach. Take a torch from a torchbearer and race around a course to light all of the Beacons of Kryta)
- Enter the Crown Pavilion – Begins August 6 (Test yourself in an entirely new mini-zone featuring mighty representations of humanity’s enemies and gain access to unique reward and vendors)
- Fight in the Queen’s Gauntlet – Begins August 6 (Face increasingly difficult challenges of single-combat against unique bosses. Take a risk with special gambit conditions and earn more prestigious rewards)
- Watchwork Mechanisms – watchwork tech is the latest innovation in Tyria and parts can be used in new crafting recipes or as currency in the Crown Pavilion to buy items like new rune, sigil recipes, watchknight tonics, sovereign weapon set and watchwork portal device (create a personal portal)
- Mini Watchnight – by completing the Queen’s Jubilee meta achievement you’ll receive a miniature Watchnight to follow you into battle.
- Account Wallet for Currency – holds dungeon tokens, coins, karma, laurels, guild commendations, fractal relics, badges of honor, gems and glory in one easy-to-find location and makes them accessible to any character on your account
- PvP Solo Queue – solo arena matches that allows you to get right into the action in a competitive environment without gathering a full team. Solo arena has its own leaderboard.
- Bonus Rewards for Dungeons – you’ll receive 1 to 3 gold for explorable dungeons and 50 silver for story dungeons depending on their length and difficulty
- Champion Loot Updates – all of the champions will now award a new bonus loot bag that have a chance to contain rare crafting materials, items that award skill points and more
- Mini-Game Rotation System – as promised by both Captain’s Council candidates a new rotation of exciting competitions will be introduced. The initial rotation includes Sanctum Sprint, Keg Brawl, Southsun Survival and Crab Toss.
- Improved Effects Level of Detail System – the new system will slowly reduce the detail of effects in order to increase combat visibility when many effect types are overlapping
- World vs. World Supply Mastery – become a master of supply and gain access to benefits like increased supply pick-up speed, courier speed and a chance to get supply back when you use it
- Permanent Finishers – with this release you will be able to sort through your available Finishers and choose the one you’d like to use as a default. Finishers can be used in both PvP and WvW.